git

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Wed May 6 08:02:34 UTC 2009

>> Right. But for various reasons I cannot afford downloading the whole
>> tarball. I just want to download what has been changed. And endless
>> git-pull'ing also is not good for me.
>
> why not ?  it's a lot better than `svn up`.

Mobile dialup users won't agree with you, Mike.

> git-svn creates a git mirror of a svn repo, not the other way around.  i'm not
> aware of any util that does git->svn.

I meant whether it is possible to autoupdate existing SVN repo (at
busybox.net) pulling periodically changes from GIT repo (at
busybox.net also). Server's crontab would help.

>> Wonder if SVN repo still exists, and if it does, does it have a
>> handful of users such as I?
>
> considering the only repo before was in svn, everyone was using it.

>> The whole paradygm has changed...
> ...now it is time for people to upgrade to git.

I hope you won't be so definite when the time comes for you to change yours...

Regards,
--
Vladimir