busybox.net in busybox.git

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue May 5 09:51:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> Well, uclibc has a seperate repo, but buildroot does it like
 >> busybox. I have asked the osuosl.org staff to fix the website update
 >> script to work with git, but that's still pending.

 Mike> i already fixed it and uclibc.org is working off of the git repo now

Ok, could you then please check the script for buildroot? I committed
some git info to the website Sunday
(http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=e2cac48876e11a29fd7b873dbfe2e5b0138e3fe5),
which still isn't online.

 >> It's not that the website changes very often. What would a seperate
 >> repo buy us?

 Mike> git cannot checkout a subrepo like svn, thus the entire repo needs to be
 Mike> checked out in order to get at just the website

 Mike> while buildroot doesnt do releases like uclibc/busybox, the
 Mike> same argument

Huh? Buildroot has releases - I released 2009.02 back in February, and
am just now doing the last changes for 2009.05-rc1.

 Mike> holds there: having the website in the tarball doesnt really
 Mike> make sense as it really isnt useful.

The news page isn't, but the documentation is:

http://buildroot.net/buildroot.html

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard