busybox.net in busybox.git

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue May 5 08:39:51 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 04:16:07 Peter Korsgaard wrote:
> Mike Frysinger writes:
>  > is there any reason to keep the busybox.net website in the
>  > busybox.git ?  yes, it allows it to be included in the release
>  > tarball, but i really dont think that is necessary.  having a
>  > dedicated repo like the other projects makes more sense to me.
>
> Well, uclibc has a seperate repo, but buildroot does it like
> busybox. I have asked the osuosl.org staff to fix the website update
> script to work with git, but that's still pending.

i already fixed it and uclibc.org is working off of the git repo now

> It's not that the website changes very often. What would a seperate
> repo buy us?

git cannot checkout a subrepo like svn, thus the entire repo needs to be
checked out in order to get at just the website

while buildroot doesnt do releases like uclibc/busybox, the same argument
holds there: having the website in the tarball doesnt really make sense as it
really isnt useful
-mike