ash acts like init

casty at centolos.com casty at centolos.com
Sat Mar 28 22:02:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm new to busybox. I'm sure that this has been discused before, because I
don't think I'm the 1st one with this problem. But I'm just unable to find
the correct keywords to find an answer in the archive.

I'm trying to run ash as the init process in the kernel parameters
(init=/bin/ash). But when I run it, it reads the /etc/inittab. I tried
rebuilding busybox with init disabled, but the only thing I got was an
"init: applet not found" error.

I don't understand the internal process in bb, but it looks like when pid
is zero, it ignores argv[0] and acts like init yes or yes.

Is there any way to get ash to act as ash when called directly from the
kernel?

Thanks and regards!