EMTEC Q120 - How to format in FAT32 ?

philippe.abrassart at belgacom.be philippe.abrassart at belgacom.be
Mon Mar 16 09:43:10 UTC 2009

Hi Vladimir,

Many thx for your help.

My EMTEC Q120 is a simple HD with a "special" operation system  (Busybox) to build a multimedia appliance.  (able to read .avi, divX, etc ...)

I only have access to this box via a PUTTY session .... --> shell prompt.

The main commands are similar to Linux ... But not the structure  (ex: /etc/fstab seems not be used)
--> then not easy to understand how it works  (and I'm not a Linux guru)

Do you think it's possible  (and easy) to use or install Dosfstool  ?

If yes, have you got a method ? Or a URL ? ... Adapted to this busybox ?

I loaded the dosfstools_3.0.2.orig.tar.gz --> a few .c and .h files ...  ==> what do I have to do to be able to make  >mkfs.vfat /dev/<your-ntfs-partition>

Have a nice day
(and once again, many thx to help the others)

Philippe.