Running Standalone Mode

Rich Jones rich at anomos.info
Sat Jun 27 23:32:22 UTC 2009

Hello there!

I have a question about using BB in "standalone shell" mode.. hope
this isn't too noobish for you. What's I'd like is behavior along the
lines of
$ ./busybox sh -standalone
and then be able to run busybox commands like
$ tftp

But the wording on the FAQ has made me a bit confused. How can I
access this mode? In my embedded environment, I do have access to
/proc and I can export PATHs, but I can't add links to bin.

Can somebody hold my hand through this? ./busybox ash in a terminal
seems to create the process, but this doesn't allow me to run the bbox
commands.

Thanks, Rich