Howto use cttyhack with login - job control turned off

Manuel Sahm ManuelSahm at freenet.de
Sat Jun 27 14:15:43 UTC 2009

Hello,

Thanks for help,

If I enter “>::respawn:/bin/cttyhack /bin/login“ in my inittab file, the
login process doesn´t work ?!

The problem is, that when I enter the right login data, the login freezes
for 1-3 seconds and is restarted.
(Maybe cttyhack is “killed” after successful login and that´s why all is
restarted ?)

Could you confirm this ?

Thanks
Manuel