Howto use cttyhack with login - job control turned off

Manuel Sahm Manuel.Sahm at feig.de
Fri Jun 26 11:13:00 UTC 2009

Hello,

thanks for response,

this line works for me too, but I must have the login feature at startup...

I need thomething like this:

::respawn:/bin/cttyhack /bin/login /bin/sh

"cttyhack" starts "/bin/login/" when login is OK it starts "/bin/sh"

Is something like this possible ?

Thanks
Manuel

>>> Thomas Rega <mail at thoreg.org> 26.06.2009 11:32 >>>

Hi,

IMHO this is not kernel related - so the kernel cmdline parameter should
be ok.

For me it works with the following entry in /etc/inittab:

::respawn:/bin/cttyhack /bin/sh

good luck
TR