Nightly snapshot version info?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jun 24 21:04:00 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Heidelberg <markus.heidelberg at web.de> writes:

Hi,

 Markus> $ man git-archive

 Markus>   Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended
 Markus>   pax header if the tar format is used; it can be extracted
 Markus>   using git-get-tar-commit-id.  In ZIP files it is stored as
 Markus>   a file comment.

 Markus> $ bunzip2 -c busybox-snapshot.tar.bz2 | git get-tar-commit-id
 Markus> 2f86ca135069e457bb16ab9e062a10e0775717a6

Ahh yes, forgot about that.

 >> > easiest change would be to
 >> > stick the hash into the dirname since `git archive --prefix=...` is easy.
 >> > sticking files into the stream is not.

 Markus> Hmm? How does this work?
 Markus> I thought you download the archive and don't create it yourself.

I think Mike referred to changing the create-daily-archive-script to
do it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard