how to use sendmail in 1.14.2

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:02:06 UTC 2009

Hello!

>>    I used old busybox to send my mail with –U –P –s –t options.

Please, specify the cmdline you used.

>> With the latest busybox, I’ve no idea how to use it.
>> There is no –s & -t

-t is implied, sendmail always gets recipients from message body.
-s is specific to mail "composer", not sendmail, since the latter is
intended to only properly _send_ its input.

>> my mail server didn’t use ssl yet, so I can’t use
>>
>>> $ sendmail -H "exec openssl s_client -quiet -connect smtp.gmail.com:25

Are you trying to send to gmail.com, or to _plain text_ authenticating
server? You don't need any helper in the latter case, just use
ssmtp-fic -au<user> -ap<pass> instead. And if your server doesn't
require any authentication, you use simply -S server[:port].

Just let us know the cmdline you used before.

Regards,
--
Vladimir