Modules.dep Paths

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:35:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Chris
Monkiewicz<Chris.Monkiewicz at avigilon.com> wrote:
> I'm having a problem with modprobe and modules.dep. Depmod on Ubuntu 9.04
> generates modules.dep with relative paths. This seems to be the new behavior
> of mod-init-tools. We're using busybox 1.12.1 which expects modules.dep to
> have absolute paths.

> Do newer versions of busybox expect absolute or
> relative paths?

Current modprobe code (and 1.14.x, 1.13.x too) chdir's into
/lib/module/`uname -r`,
so it _should_ (meaning: I did not test it) work ok with modules.dep
with names relative to that directory.

> Short of writing a script to munge modules.dep
> is there another solution?

If you can't migrate to 1.13.x, maybe try to copy over modutils/*
or even only modutils/modprobe.c to 1.12.x tree you are stuck with,
and try to make it compile.

--
vda