ifup run-parts not found

Barney Barumba barney.b at iname.com
Wed Jun 3 00:37:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm building a buildroot / busybox ARM system, using:

buildroot-2009-05
busybox-1.14.1

When I try to bring an interface up I'm getting a "run-parts not-found"
error, and none of the "/etc/network/if-up.d" scripts are executed.

run-parts is present on the system, and appears to run correctly when
called directly:

# ifup eth0
/bin/sh: run-parts: not found

# which run-parts
/bin/run-parts

# run-parts
BusyBox v1.14.1 (2009-06-02 14:29:02 EST) multi-call binary

Usage: run-parts [-t] [-a ARG] [-u MASK] DIRECTORY

Run a bunch of scripts in a directory

        -t      Print what would be run, but don't actually run anything
        -a ARG  Pass ARG as argument for every program
        -u MASK Set the umask to MASK before running every program

If anyone has any ideas as to what may be going on here they would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barney

--