[patch] define IUCLC only in platform.h

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:23:46 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 16:56, Luca Favatella wrote:
> On 07/07/2009, Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Luca Favatella<slackydeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On 07/07/2009, walter harms <wharms at bfs.de> wrote:
> [...]
> > As I said, the patch is WRONG. platform.h may be included BEFORE
> > termios.h, and therefore it will see IUCLC not defined.
>
> Sorry, I didn't think about this.
>

> > Version #2 is even worse: with attached .config it fails to build:
>
> Ok, I returned to version #1.
>
> Attached is version 3 of the patch.
> I included termios.h in platform.h before controlling if IUCLC is
> defined (similar to other places of platform.h).

coreutils/stty.c will suffer. These #if's will stop doing
what they are intended to do:

#if defined(XCASE) && defined(IUCLC) && defined(OLCUC)
        MI_ENTRY("lcase",    combination, REV        | OMIT, 0,          0 )
        MI_ENTRY("LCASE",    combination, REV        | OMIT, 0,          0 )
#endif

#ifdef IUCLC
        MI_ENTRY("iuclc",    input,       SANE_UNSET | REV,  IUCLC,      0 )
#endif

I think we don't need this patch.
--
vda