some help, when you have 5 minutes :-)

Christian MICHON christian.michon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:17:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:10 AM,  <philippe.abrassart at belgacom.be> wrote:
> OK Christian,
>
> I will search about the 'Mount' command
>
> And about the question 2 and 3 ... An idea ?
>
> Many thx for the support.
> Philippe.

2/ check the exact hardware specs of your eth0 interface: if it's sold
to be 100Mbps, then you need to modprobe the right module. if not,
you'll stay with this speed :(

3/ about a gui: I doubt so. if it's not delivered with the hardware,
you need to make one :)

I read about this device: it's basically an external hard disk that
can play videos on the tv. So I assume the files are meant to be
written over USB and using either the disk or the ethernet, linux on
this device will play the videos on the TV.

Using NTFS readonly is a safety net they artificially created: you can
remove it if you want, but is it safe ? Maybe a newer driver would be
better (personally, I use ntfs-3g).

You need to carefully consider your choice if you want to change the
behaviour on (1)

--
Christian