[patch] Allow brctl to compile with kernels < 2.6.7

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 4 21:59:16 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 09:44, Wander Winkelhorst wrote:
> I'm getting a bit annoyed by this proces, because there are 5 people
> with 6 different ways idea's of how this code should look.
> Could someone please tell me what "The right way" (tm) is? I'll code
> it like that and then be on my merry way again.
>
> I do appreciate all the hard work you guys put in Busybox, but I don't
> want to send in my patch 10 times without it ever getting in SVN.

It is in svn already. Here in networking/brctl.c:

/* vi: set sw=4 ts=4: */
/*
 * Small implementation of brctl for busybox.
 *
 * Copyright (C) 2008 by Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
 *
 * Some helper functions from bridge-utils are
 * Copyright (C) 2000 Lennert Buytenhek
 *
 * Licensed under GPLv2 or later, see file LICENSE in this tarball for details.
 */
/* This applet currently uses only the ioctl interface and no sysfs at all.
 * At the time of this writing this was considered a feature.
 */
#include "libbb.h"
#include <linux/sockios.h>
#include <net/if.h>

#ifndef SIOCBRADDBR
# define SIOCBRADDBR BRCTL_ADD_BRIDGE
#endif
#ifndef SIOCBRDELBR
# define SIOCBRDELBR BRCTL_DEL_BRIDGE
#endif
#ifndef SIOCBRADDIF
# define SIOCBRADDIF BRCTL_ADD_IF
#endif
#ifndef SIOCBRDELIF
# define SIOCBRDELIF BRCTL_DEL_IF
#endif

You were not told about it because your patch was linewrapped
and whitespace damaged.
--
vda