Telnetd flow control

Cathey, Jim jcathey at ciena.com
Mon Feb 2 17:49:38 UTC 2009

>Anyway, the idea is to use a non-busybox telnet client to telnet in to
>a busybox telnetd, then launch emacs, then type ^S.  Emacs should start
>a search.  If it does nothing, then flow control is screwed up
somewhere.

It does not work, not in the 1.10 we used to use, nor in the 1.11
we're using now.  I did some work on ours to get telnet to live
through the keepalive stuff, and I did try out the ^S/^Q literals,
but though our baby emacs works fine on the serial port it doesn't
through telnet.  (It's this, _thing_, of uncertain pedigree called
siv.  But it's small, around 68KB [stripped] on a MIPS.)

-- Jim