ifplugd

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:35:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 03:25:10 +0200
Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 August 2009 16:25, Piotr Grudzinski wrote:
> > Running busybox ver. 1.15.0
> >
> > I have expected the ifplugd applet to detect if/when my Ethernet
> > cable is plugged and unplugged. Here is my command line:
> >
> > # ifplugd -a -n -i eth0 -p -m i &
> >
> > My action script - /etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action - is never called
> > when network cable is plugged or unplugged. But it is executed when
> > is call: ifconfig eth0 up (or down).
> >
> > What should be the expected behaviour of ifplugd applet?
>
> -m MODE         API mode (mii, priv, ethtool, wlan, auto)
>
> Why do you use "-m i"?
>
> I tried the same command without forcing the method,
> and it worked for me:

Additionally, there is always the possibility of the NIC driver not
implementing the common APIs for link detection correctly...

Just my 2 cents...

Best regards,

	Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Preload Department             |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)