bug in sed, busybox-1.14.3

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 11:02:26 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:

> > I had a short look in the proided libtool script and I found some insane
> > sed expression that made my head hurt.
>
> use the --debug option and it should run with `set -x`.  that should let
> you
> compare the sed statements that get run pretty quickly and locate the
> differences.

Took me a while to find out that the problem is not in libtool at all.
Problem is that link in usr/lib/ is broken. Problem is triggered in
Makefile.am install-exec-hook.

Here comes the exact sed line:

GNU sed:
 nclab01:~$ echo /usr/lib | sed 's,\(^/\|\)[^/][^/]*,..,g'
../..

Busybox sed:nclab01:~$ echo /usr/lib | busybox sed

Natanael Copa