bug in sed, busybox-1.14.3

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:38:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have not been able to track down the exact sed expression, but I'm pretty
sure that busybox sed breaks libtool.
To reproduce:
download and unpack util-linux-ng (annoying that libuuid and libblkid is not
in a separate package)
configure with busybox as sed and with --enable-libblkid (if you use uclibc
you might need disable some stuff like --disable-tls)

make install DESTDIR=/tmp/some/dir

now you will have a broken libblkid.so installed

readelf -d /tmp/some/dir/lib/libblkid.so

using GNU sed the readelf above will show libuuid as NEEDED. With busybox
sed libuuid is missing.

I had a short look in the proided libtool script and I found some insane sed
expression that made my head hurt.

I'll try isolate the exact sed expression on monday, unless someone is
faster than me.

fwiw, i had similar issue with libtherora. libtheoraenc.so ended up broken.

Thanks!

--
Natanael Copa