can we mount disk with label by mdev

loody miloody at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:29:36 UTC 2009

Hi:

2009/8/13 walter harms <wharms at bfs.de>:

> loody schrieb:
>> Dear all:
>> The mdev works fine to automatically mount the disk on my platform.
>> But i have one question:
>> Is it possible to mount the device with disk label?
>> there is an idea come to my mind.
>> 1. cross-compile e2label
>> 2. add shell script to get volume label by executing e2label.
>> 3. mkdir the label name and munt it.
>> But is there build in command in busybox which can help to do the same thing?
>> appreciate your help,
>> miloody
>
> hi Loody,
> would a UUID also helpful ? We have a tool for UUID in place.
> BB has already some e2tools i do not know if they include e2label.
> but there is already a findfs where you identify a fs by label.
thanks for your reply :)
I study the usage of findfs.
    findfs LABEL=label or UUID=uuid
But I have no idea what is the label of the usb plug in, that means
findfs seems not suitable me.

What I want to do is any usb with different label plugs in, I can
create the file having the same name as the label and mount it.
BTW, I found the letter below:
http://www.mail-archive.com/busybox@busybox.net/msg07501.html
it seems busyboy has implemented the blkid, but I cannot find it in menuconfig.
Is the above link wrong or I miss something?
appreciate your help,
miloody