DHCP and network connectivity

Chris Plasun chrispl78 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 00:04:54 UTC 2009

(let me try again in text mode)

Hi,

I'm a Windows web developer thrown off the deep end to develop a utility on an embedded Linux board.

I understand Linux is a free operating system? ha ha

I'm having issues with network connectivity. I've been reading all day trying to get the board to connect to the LAN.

LED's showing network connectivity are on but I can't ping anything on the network.

I've tried udhcpc but it doesn't get past the "discover" stage...

Please help, my eyes are too tired to spend any more reading on udhcpc =)

Thanks,
Chris