insmod: invalid module format with 2.6.27 kernel

Dallas Clement dallas at clementkin.com
Tue Apr 14 00:35:29 UTC 2009

Thank you!  This is indeed the solution to my problem.  It had nothing to do
with insmod.

This seems like a chicken and the egg problem.  I have to build the modules
before the kernel so that I can embed them in my initramfs image which is
contained in my bzImage.  Anyhow, disabling module versioning solved
everything.

Thanks again, and sorry to have suspected problems with insmod.