busybox Digest, Vol 45, Issue 14

Guenter lists at gknw.net
Sat Apr 11 01:40:43 UTC 2009

Hi,
Denys Vlasenko schrieb:
> You can run busybox on desktop for testing too.
> Compile busybox mount and try mounting from your desktop,
> with util-linux and with busybox.
>
> It is not like if you install busybox
> on your desktop, the system will fall apart.
ok, sure - I forget for the moment...
but what do you expect more than what I found already?
I think the situation is pretty much clear:
mount works basically, and its only a matter of the slash/backslash
thing when using mount standalone - see my script which proofs this:
http://www.gknw.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=550
Once the mount.cifs helper comes into play then the differences really
matter because I confirmed with my dummy script that the parameters
passed to mount.cifs are wrong + in wrong order, and unless we get
another mount.cifs than the version 1.5 which I currently use then we
can only fix it as I suggested with my patch. Sure - the patch is
currently not correct, and we need to discuss about:

1. can we change the parameter order without killing another fs, f.e.
nfs, ncpfs, or do we need to change it conditionally only for cifs?

2. from what I found the ip parameter is not needed, and in fact causes
the other error; also converting slashes to backslashes is not needed;
I'm not sure about need for resolving the hostname at this place since I
did up to now only test with ip; I think since this code part seems to
be used for cifs only we can change this without probs.

let me know what you think how to proceed.

greetz, Guen.