Creating devices with mdev (automically)

Manuel Sahm Manuel.Sahm at feig.de
Thu Apr 9 07:54:31 UTC 2009

Hello,

I read this document too, but I don´t know exactly what to do.
Could you please give me some hints ?

Do I have to modify the mdev.conf ?

Is there a special function needed in my kernel-driver init function to
let mdev work ?

Thank you
Best regards
Manuel

>>> Bjørn Forsman<bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> 08.04.2009 18:11 >>>
2009/4/8 Manuel Sahm <Manuel.Sahm at feig.de>

Hello,

I have written an gpio kernel driver.
Now I have to create a /dev/gpio/xy Character device with mknod for
each pin.

Is it possible to do this with mdev automatically when I load my driver
with insmod ?

Thank you very much
best regards

Manuel