hush: first pass at heredocs

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 02:38:42 UTC 2009

Hi Mike,

On Monday 30 March 2009 12:01, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> i doubt you'll like it, but it seems to be fairly usable atm ...

Thanks, I tweaked your patch and added heredoc support to svn.

A few TODOs are left over:
* NOMMU will have problems running heredocs from subshells -
  simple matter of adding as_string copying
* large heredocs need additional love - fork on MMU
  and re-execution trick on NOMMU

but these are relatively easy-ish to fix.

BTW, NOMMU hush passes ALL testsuite entries since
few days ago, and I intend to keep it this way.
(Take a look how it achieves that feat)

Modulo bugs, hush is now head and shoulders above msh,
and _STILL_ a bit smaller.

Function support is the next major feature. (No promises)

04:33 am local time, signing off.
--
vda