math support in busybox shells

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Wed Apr 1 09:20:45 UTC 2009

Denys Vlasenko schrieb:
> On Wednesday 01 April 2009 09:22, walter harms wrote:
>> Hi mike,
>> dc has some nice math and is a actualy a small utility. perhaps you can
>> add that math cababilities to ash ?
>
> ash already got some working math capabilities.
> dc is a stack engine (different notation).
>
>> that would be a real enhancement over other shells.
>
> In a sense "totally incompatible math syntax"?

ups, i mean bc (no upn please)

bc has some fp support and arbitrary precision support.
you can emulate math with bc  what is a bit clumsy.
That would be a real improvement over other shells.
the fact that we programm for embedded system should not
stop us from thinking about extending existing solutions.

re,
 wh