Busybox Update Problem

Michael Davis mdavis at dtlcontrols.com
Mon Sep 29 13:40:19 UTC 2008

Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2008 19:47, Michael Davis wrote:
>
>>>  > Yes, output confirms what I expected. DHCP server doesn't respond
>>>  > to requests "Please ACK my address".
>>>
>>> Can you reveal what dhcp-server you're using?
>>>
>> Just the DHCP server in my off the shelf DLink DIR-615 router.
>>

> Can you collect tcpdump of a successful DHCP exchange with this server?
>
> I finally fished out DHCP RFC and it definitely says (even recommends)
> to use broadcast for DHCPREQUEST packets.
>
> Either this server is strange and wants unicast DHCPREQUESTs,
> or our DHCPREQUEST packets are subtly broken.
> In any case, I want to know what exactly is at play here.
> --
> vda

Attached is a successful DHCP exchange with the same board and same
server.  Same setup of busybox as well, just compiled without the
-msoft-float flag.

Also here is the output of the program in that state.
udhcpc (v1.11.2) started
udhcpc: state:0
Sending discover...
udhcpc: state:1
udhcpc: state:1 packet_num:0 discover_retries:3
Sending select for 192.168.1.183...
Lease of 192.168.1.183 obtained, lease time 86400
deleting routers
route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
adding dns 192.168.1.1

--