sendmail patch2

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:45:05 UTC 2008

> Please mark patches which are ready for svn somehow
> when you have them ready. ("denys, please apply to svn...")

Sure. I generally mark them "Please, consider applying".

Pity, Natanael has no time to test the changes.

I admit that current BB sendmail can be decomposed into a chain of tools.
Namely: connector (either vanilla nc or a ssl wrapper), mail composer (which
cat be trivial cat <<_EOM_) and SMTP chatter (wonder if BB chat can be
reused). But then who will be called sendmail, which is intended to be a
drop-in replacement? AFAIK vanilla sendmails just read stdin and then make
network connection to chat to the server. If I'd want to use @gmail.com I
would not be able to just drop it in, as network connection must be made by
openssl wrapper.
See the corner cases?

Regards,
--