bug in ash?

poly-p man pyrophobicman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 12:27:07 UTC 2008

I'm using a (somewhat) recent svn build...

Found a pretty nasty bug... I'll help hunt down the code shortly..

Steps to reproduce:
Type many spaces into the command-line, hit enter
hit up (previous command before the spaces appears).
hit down

What appears seems to be pointer overflow junk - one time it gave me "/root",
another time it gave me random data and let me backspace into the prompt.

Alone this doesn't seem like much, but could it be part of a larger bug?