tinylogin prompt (busybox 1.11.2)

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Fri Sep 19 14:07:18 UTC 2008

Roberto A. Foglietta schrieb:
> 2008/9/19 Manuel Sahm <Manuel.Sahm at feig.de>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> if I set an hostname via:
>> hostname test
>> then test appears instead of (none), but my file /etc/hosts isn´t updated

you hostname is independent of anything else.

>> The problem is, that when a program uses the function "gethostbyname" my ip
>> isn´t resolved correct.
>> It only works if my hostname is equal to my ip ?

/etc/hosts is the file that maps IP adresses to names.
If you use other protocols than TCPIP that like direct ethernet frames
then you may take a look at /etc/ethers

>  echo "yourhostname 127.0.0.1" >> /etc/hosts

strange my /etc/hosts works the other way around :)

echo "127.0.0.1 FQDN alias" >>/etc/hosts

re,
 wh