insmod problem

Timo Tera"s timo.teras at iki.fi
Tue Sep 16 06:51:31 UTC 2008

Bily wrote:
> yes,my gcc is arm-none-eabi-gcc (Sourcery G++ Lite 2008q1-126)
> 4.2.3;both the kernel and the modules are using the same gcc.it seems
> as if some problems in the modules ,isn't it ? ask for help ,thanks!~
>

> ·¢¼þÈË£º Sébastien_Chrétien ·¢ËÍʱ¼ä£º 2008-09-16 13:23:51 ÊÕ¼þÈË£º Bily ³­ËÍ£º busybox
>  Ö÷Ì⣺ Re: insmod problem
>
> Did you check if your kernel was created with the same version of gcc
> as your module ?
>
> Bily a écrit :
>> hi,all; I want to insert an module:yaffs.ko into my
>> kernel2.6.26,but i meet this question:
>>
>> [\u@\h \W]$insmod yaffs.ko yaffs: unknown relocation: 40 insmod:
>> cannot insert 'yaffs.ko': invalid module format
>>
>> and my busybox version is v1.11.1; may anyone tell me why ?thanks!

In 2.6 kernels, the relocation happens in kernel syscall. The error you get is reported by that kernel call. Thus you should be asking this question on some kernel related mailing list instead.

My guess is that your yaffs.ko is likely compiled incorrectly. Or you might be missing some other modules it depends on. You might want to try to modprobe it instead.

- Timo