some patches

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 08:44:33 UTC 2008

> > > and stage 3 is not needed at all - "killall5 -TERM" etc still works,
> > > no need to talk to init.

So we do not rely on runsvdir (pid 1) to shut children runsv's down on
getting HUP?

> Even killall5 -KILL won't. Process with PID 1 is not killed,
> even if it is a shell. Kernel will not panic.

Accidental TERM to runsvdir will cause system to just die in a _very_
unclean way. Since runsvdir dies suddenly and kernel just panics.

There should be something behind runsvdir to flush the system gracefully --
so called stage 3. And if so, we can not just exec runsvdir at the end of
init. M.B. patch runsvdir so it could take a command to execute upon exit?

--
Vladimir