DiffServ support on BusyBox

Lie Arne Arne.Lie at sintef.no
Thu Sep 4 11:00:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

Since the "tc" (traffic control utility from iproute2) is not part of
the BusyBox distribution, I wonder how I can implement DiffServ
prioritized queueing on our BusyBox embedded system. What we want is
PRIO queuing (3 queues) with TBF (token bucket filter) on the two
highest priorities to avoid best effort starvation (the DSCP marks are
set elsewhere, our BusyBox system acts as a core DiffServ router). So
the questions are:
1. is it possible to use existing BusyBox tools to configure PRIO and
TBF queuing?
2. If not, are there any obstacles from cross-compiling the iproute2
package for embedded Linux (libraries etc.)?

Best regards,

Arne Lie
SINTEF ICT, Dept. of Communication Systems
NO-7465 Trondheim, NORWAY
Dir. phone +47 73 59 27 03 - mobile +47 450 20 040
e-mail: arne.lie at sintef.no