new modprobe

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:32:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have been playing around with Timo's modutils. It solves some issues i
have with the alias handling. It works just great.

the patch is more or less a rewrite of current utils so its
understandable its not replacing current until the 2.4 support is there
and working 100%.

But what do you think about adding Timo's modprobe in a new directory
called "module-init-tools". It means we can have both in there and when
the 2.4 support is done, the modutils dir can be removed.

That way the new code can get more eraly testing while those who prefers
the old, stable can still use it.

thanks!

-nc