yet another init question

Steve Iribarne (GMail) netstv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:58:28 UTC 2008

Hello List.

I have upgraded my busybox from 1.2.1 to 1.11.3.  Yes I know it's
about time.  :)

I had u-boot with 1.2.1 of busybox working just peachy.

Now I get the dreaded...

<... snip ....>
 cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling erase-suspend-program due to code brokenness.
cf: Octeon bootbus compact flash driver version 1.1
cf: Compact flash found in bootbus region 3 (16 bit).
 cfa:cfa: SanDisk SDCFJ-1024 Serial 011716F0507F0341 (2001888 sectors,
512 bytes/sector)
 cfa1 cfa2
EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem.
EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery.
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 22424k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

First things first.. with u-boot and the older version of busybox I
didn't need to pass in any "root=" command.

Seems like I need to now.

But my root is part of the linux kernel that I build (it's all ramdisk
etc..) so I shouldn't have to.

And to tell you the truth, I think that's my problem but I'm not sure
what to tell u-boot or busybox.

If I go back to the older version of busybox all is well.

Before I get really ugly into details, has anyone seen this before??

Thanks so much.
-stv

/*
 * Steve Iribarne