You can't spell "evil" without "vi".

Ralf Friedl Ralf.Friedl at online.de
Thu Oct 16 15:16:19 UTC 2008

I had the impression that original problem was when an ESC-sequence
crossed the input buffer, not that it had something to do with the
timeout after the ESC.
So is this whole discussion now about a different, but related problem?

Also, I don't understand the problem with poll potentially waiting
longer that specified under heavy load. If poll really waits longer, it
is more likely that additional data has arrived in this time, not less
likely.

Regards
Ralf Friedl