acpid

Jason Curl jcurlnews at arcor.de
Mon Oct 13 18:46:55 UTC 2008

Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> 2008/10/12 Vladimir Dronnikov <dronnikov at gmail.com>:
>

>> I, of course, admit that this applet can be of limited use to be
>> injected in BB tree.
>>

>  PDAs, smart-phones or other devices developers could appreciate
> having an ACPI events handler in bb, do not you think?
>  If bb is going to run in desktops, notebooks and netbooks does not
> ACPI event manager in bb really matters?
>
>  http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/sleep.html

I've built an embedded system based on the AMD Geode for the car to take
logs for research. I plan to build some small electronics to interface
to the hardware (I'm not using CAN, but discrete signals and this saves
me a couple of lines) so it can sleep and wakeup as booting is too slow.
So I'd find acpid very useful. So far, I've got everything in 8MB.