mailutils

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 13:29:48 UTC 2008

From: is dangerous to lay upon. I tried to outline the possible issues in
the patched code.
What part of the header we want to use? Real name (the garbage before
leading <, if any)?
Or reply address (enclosed in <>, again IF ANY)? Or both?

And if we've read a reply address, should we use its domain portion as HELO
argument?
Or should we use its name portion (before @) as username to authenticate?

Nothing to catch IMO...

Apart from introduced incompatibility, I do not see more or less good
algorythm to cope with From:
Do you?

Instead I'd like to propose to inject some basic configury via *.cf files.
We could write down the minimalistic list of relevant options and try to use
them. I must confess, though, that I've never been using big sendmails and
has no idea of *.cf files content. Will you provide such a list?

TIA,
--
Vladimir