passwd from stdin

Rabbul Nawaz rabbul.nawaz at deeproot.co.in
Wed Nov 26 10:20:47 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 18:54:25 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 06:47:35PM +0530, Rabbul Nawaz wrote:
> >> I haven't found the solution few months ago either, but the 'chpasswd'
> >> applet is for this.
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> Hinko
> >
> >I have just tried chpasswd downloading from the following link,
> >http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/privat/chpasswd-2.1.tar.gz/#basic_infos
> >
> >But, I was not successful in configuring/compiling it. Can You please
> > point the link to the applet which You have installed.
>
> chpasswd is a busybox applet. Download busybox, make allnoconfig && make
> menuconfig, enable chpasswd in loginutils and make
>
> HTH,

Is there any option, by which I can enable the chpasswd applet in the already
running busybox, which is installed a rootfs environment. The reason for
asking this is, If I have to recompile the busybox to enable the chpasswd
applet, then the whole rootfs directories existing command would be replaced.

-Rabbul Nawaz.