Antw: Re: udhcpc (1.12.1) - Problem with usb ?!

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:41:41 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 14:03, Manuel Sahm wrote:
> I have an Atmel AT91SAM9260 with an usb-host and usb device port.

> I plug in my usb wlan stick in the usb host port. Then I establish a
> connection to a router.
> The ifplugd recognizes a connection. Then i start the udhcpc ( "udhcpc
> --interface=wlan0 --now -s /etc/init.d/simple.script").
> A valid ip address is available.
>
> Now I connect my host (PC) with the Atmel through the usb device port.
> [I´m using gadgetfs]
> Enumeration is successful. I want to use 2 Bulk endpoints for
> receiving/sending data.

> The problem is, that I can´t open /dev/ep1, which is the usb endpoint
> for receiving data from the host.
> ernno = Device or resource busy.

Wow, this is complicated.

No, udhcpc should not use /dev/ep1 in this situation, it does not
even know about it. It talks only to network interfaces, not /dev/XXX
files.

Something else is interfering with /dev/ep1. It may be userspace
(ifplugd? try digging around with lsof -nP) or kernel
(weird interaction in usb subsystem between wlan0 and /dev/ep1).
--
vda