Antw: Re: udhcpc (1.12.1) - Problem with usb ?!

Manuel Sahm Manuel.Sahm at feig.de
Tue Nov 25 13:03:20 UTC 2008

Hello, sorry I will try to give you more detailed informations:

I have an Atmel AT91SAM9260 with an usb-host and usb device port.

I plug in my usb wlan stick in the usb host port. Then I establish a
connection to a router.
The ifplugd recognizes a connection. Then i start the udhcpc ( "udhcpc
--interface=wlan0 --now -s /etc/init.d/simple.script").
A valid ip address is available.

No I connect my host (PC) with the Atmel through the usb device port.
[I´m using gadgetfs]
Enumeration is successful. I want to use 2 Bulk endpoints for
receiving/sending data.
The problem is, that I can´t open /dev/ep1, which is the usb endpoint
for receiving data from the host.
ernno = Device or resource busy.

If i kill udhcpc all works fine ?

Thank you

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 08:33, Manuel Sahm wrote:
> I`m using the AT91SAM9260 ARM9 microcontroller with linux kernel
2.6.27.
> For the usb device port I use gadgetfs.
>
> My dhcp client program is udhcpc.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1.)
> I start the udhcpc when I recognize a connection with the tool
ifpludg. Then I make a system call:
> "udhcpc --interface=wlan0 --now --quit -s /etc/init.d/simple.script"
> Is it a problem to use the parameter "--quit" concerning the lease
time ?
> I have to use the paramter because of a problem with my usb device
??? (look at question 2.)

Instead of adding --quit you need to look into the problem.

> 2.)
> I plug in my usb wlan stick in my usb host port - enumeration is
successful.
> I start udhcpc (without the --quit paramter) - Request is successful
- got ip address - process udhcpc is running in background (daemon ?!).
> Now I insert my usb device cable and now I am not abel to open the
EP1 ?

You insert what? Above you said you already detected the connection
using ifplugd. I'm confused. I'm also confused by "not abel to open the
EP1".
what is "EP1"?

> If I kill udhcpc, all works fine.
>
> Any ideas ?

Write up more coherent problem description.
--
vda