inotifyd problems

Piotr Grudzinski piotr at powersmiths.com
Mon Nov 17 22:08:44 UTC 2008

I have tried it with BB 1.12.1. Seems to be OK.

Thanks,
Piotr

    When the watched file becomes invalid, the agent program has to be informed about it and inotifyd should terminate.

  I think it is purely agent's headache. Your scenario is one special case, Piotr -- how many another ones you think should we hardcode into inotifyd? Let's keep inotifyd dumb and robust and follow UNIX way.

  Please, report if the patch I pointed solved the problem of spurious agent call. If so, we'd ask Denys to apply it.

  Regards,
  --
  Vladimir