1.13.0 coreutils/id.c calls libc getgrouplist()

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sun Nov 16 23:17:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> On Sunday 16 November 2008 07:02, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Even _current_ versions of uClibc still have nasty bugs.  Build
> > busybox tar against uClibc and then try to do "tar xvjfC filename.tbz
> > dirname" and notice that it complains it can't find file "C".  That
> > bug's been there in uClibc getopt for five years, and _still_ isn't
> > fixed.
>
> Same happens when I build it against glibc.

Yes.  That's madness.  I'd vote against imitating that behaviour.

> I am surprised that that is a valid syntax at all.
> For getopt, f is an option with parameter, if it is followed by
> something, that is its parameter, not a next option. Apparently GNU tar
> doesn't follow this rule...

I've never attemped to use that syntax with gnu-tar.  This makes sense:

  # tar xvjf filename.tbz -C dirname

And this doesn't:

  # tar xvjfC filename.tbz dirname

My honest opinion?  This thing does not need to be fixed in busybox.
Gnu-tar should. Gnu-tar is counterintuitive, with respect to that
behaviour.

Cheers,

--
Cristian