Pending patches

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:11:16 UTC 2008

> reboot -f
> echo "Kernel has been instructed to reboot"
> while true; do sleep 9999; done
>
> because otherwise, if script exits, runsvdir
> will loop back and restart services, and this is definitely
> what you dont want to happen!

Wonder what happens when init dies and kernel oopses? Does kernel
sync/umount filesystems? If so I'd let it be.
Wonder also does kernel sync/umount filesystems when one issues
reboot(whatever)?

I still view some awkwardness in the procedure. You treat init as perpetuum
mobile of which we have to break a detail to get it stopped. I mostly tend
to treat it as a process that just exits when your system have accomplished
its task. Where am I wrong, Denys?

TIA,
--
Vladimir