Invalid options segfault?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 6 02:19:50 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 23:22, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 November 2008 12:00:33 Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> > One more issue: when compiling sqlite I started to get the error:
> > BUILD    sqlite
> > awk: ./mkopcodeh.awk:117: Math support is not compiled in
>
> That's because Denys removed CONFIG_FEATURE_AWK_LIBM from defconfig, which
> broke this.
>
> Sigh, defconfig has become useless as a "start with everything and remove
> stuff" base.

I do not break stuff on purpose. I do not want you or anybody else
to have bad experience from busybox.

But knowing what defconfig is supposed to be, as of now
requires telepathic powers. Does it carry any explanation, say,
in its header? No:

# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
# Busybox version: 1.13.0.svn
# Wed Oct 29 13:15:09 2008

Until very recently, I did not even realize you use defconfig
in your work and thus have some expectations about it.

If you want defconfig to obey some rules, let's formulate
what these rules are, put them into defconfig's comment,
and be done with it.

--
vda