depmod

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Wed May 28 19:06:09 UTC 2008

Hello, Bernhard!

Tested current svn version. It now generates modules.dep without
endless-loop.
1. Still generated modules.dep is unusable with both production and BB
modprobe. I used attached depmod.snd to reload sound drivers (Intel HDA on
my system). Plz, test on yours.
2. Added feature to not forcibly append `uname -r` to modules dir.
3. Plz, modify examples/depmod and depmod.c description: it generates
modules.dep and not modprobe.conf. My fault. Examples/depmod should be made
execable.
4. Attached mod.patch is the difference between mine and yours modules.dep.

5. I've prepared modules.tar.bz2 (of size 2.7Mb). Sorry, have no location to
upload it. Do you have? Or can I send you that tarball directly?

--
Vladimir