depmod

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:02:50 UTC 2008

Hello, Bernhard!

> [Vladimir, please do not break the threading in the ML archives, TIA]

Sorry for some inconvenience -- I'll try my best.

> Why is strstr evil again?
> And why is it a good idea to increase the size needlessly?

I marked the spot as "suggested". Personally I think this check against file
name redundant. Module might have not been on system yet (It may be a part
of a package, e.g.)

The basedir is documented as...

Would you mind make it FEATURE'd?
I keep all my modules under /usr/lib/modules, no further hierarchy. No
kernel version matters. What parameters should I pass to depmod?

--
Vladimir