udhcpc - script isn?t called

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon May 26 12:49:09 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Manuel" == Manuel Sahm <Manuel.Sahm at feig.de> writes:

 Manuel> OK, example:

 Manuel> 1.) My system is booting - udhcpc is started....what happens
 Manuel> if no cable is plugged...I think the udhcp is waiting for an
 Manuel> event.

Currently udhcpc will then wait forever, but see the patch I recently
posted:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.busybox/23891

 Manuel>  2.) [cable plugged]What happens if no dhcp server is running
 Manuel> and no ip is got ?  - Is there a TIMEOUT that you have to
 Manuel> wait to get an ip address from a dhcp server ?

Yes, udhcpc times out after a number of discover requests (default: 3)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard