ARC Version and "Hi"

Simon Spooner Simon.Spooner at arc.com
Mon May 12 23:30:37 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I'm Simon Spooner from ARC International.  I'm leading the Linux group here
at ARC.  We have a port of Linux to our ARC600 and ARC700 CPU's and are
using BusyBox in our rootfs.

I just wanted to say "hi" to everyone and let you know that we had no
trouble getting Busybox to work on our Linux port and that we're super
impressed with all the work you guys are doing.  We had to make only minor
changes to get it running.

The ARC CPU cores are generally surrounded by lots of other multi-media
accelerators and are already in lots of shipping devices, from HDTV to
Picture Frames.

Over the next few days we plan to release of all our ported GNU/Linux source
code into the wild. All of our GNU compiler source, Linux source, Initrd and
Busybox will find their way onto sourceforge.net for anyone to get.

At some point I'd love to work with you guys to include an ARC specific
section in the insmod.c that works with our kernel modules so that we don't
have to keep on patching it each time a new release comes out.

:-)

Best regards

Simon.