choice of control operators in scripts

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Mon May 12 21:38:28 UTC 2008

 > On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 17:06 -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
 > > just putting the args to test in double
 > > quotes has always been enough for me.
 >
 > Using quotes doesn't do anything here.  The shell will strip them out

many thanks.  when i wrote that it was the quoting that made it
work, i suddenly had my doubts, but i plowed ahead with my answer
anyway.  :-)

(i hadn't ever realized that the type of tokens could
be completely inferred from the number of arguments.)

so, cristian -- i was right, but for the wrong reason...

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com